Shadid & Schaus Office Building
On the original site of one of the first churches constructed following the land run of 1889, stood the first multi-family apartment house built in the city of Edmond. The historic brick building, with wide verandas, stood empty and decaying in the downtown commercial district until Randal Shadid and Stephen Schaus purchased it in 1993. The building was completely gutted and renovated into an upscale law office on the first floor and leasable space on the remaining floors. An entire fourth story loft and stair tower was added during the renovation. The renovation received an Award of excellence from the State Historic Preservation Council.